What’s the hardest task for any blogger?
If you said, creating traffic-generating content, you’re absolutely right.
Well-researched articles often rank well in Google. Do you know why?
They often answer most asked (and unanswered) questions, add more value, provide new insights and so on.
If you’re someone who is looking to build an authority blog, you should create evergreen content that actually adds value to your target audience.
In this guest post, let’s discover how you can write well-researched and really high-quality blog posts that actually rank well in search engines like Google. Let’s get started without much ado.
How to Write Evergreen Articles that Rank Well?
Analyse The Top Search Results
Have you ever heard about SERP analysis? It’s the in-depth process of carefully analyzing the top search results that rank for a specific topic (or keyword) and SEMrush suite may be very strategic here
If you want to create content that actually generates organic traffic, you must perform SERP analysis to evaluate the top 10 search results for the terms that you want to rank for. You can simply enter your desired topic or keyword in Google search and look at the top results.
- Find out how their titles are (are they mostly how-to’s, list posts, reviews, videos or anything else?)
- Find out how their meta description is crafted (are they using any keywords specific to your desired topic or compelling enough to increase organic clicks?)
- Are the top 10 search results mostly covered with authority sites (or new sites with less domain authority i.e DA are also showing up)?
You can also use SEO tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, Serpstat etc to easily perform detailed SERP analysis for any topic. That being said, it’s always a smart strategy to focus on covering the topics or targeting the keywords that have less competition.
If a new site with less DA (DA less than 30) is also showing up in top 10 results for a keyword means, you can easily target and get top rankings with great content.
Get Access to The Right Tools
When it comes to creating effective content, you need to spend money on the right tools. After all, successful blogging is all about investing your time and money in the right areas.
Here are a few tools that can help you write evergreen articles that actually generate results.
Keyword research tools
Hands down, keyword research is essential if you want to drive long-lasting traffic from search engines like Google. If you’re someone who is struggling with search traffic, you might be mostly posting articles without doing any keyword research.
Here’s a list of some of the best tools that you can use for performing keyword research.
- SEMrush (this is the ONLY tool that we’ve been using at Bloggers Passion for more than 3 years and it’s worth every single penny)
- Serpstat (a great and cheaper alternative to SEMrush, although not as extensive as SEMrush or Ahrefs)
- Ubersuggest (one of the best free keyword research tools out there)
Once you’re done with keyword research, you need to properly optimize every single post for your target keywords in order to rank well in Google.
If you’re a WordPress user, there’s an ultimate optimization plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast which is used by over 20 million people worldwide. It helps you easily optimize your blog posts for your target keywords.
Here’s how it looks like;
Quick tip: Images play a key role in creating evergreen articles. If you’re looking for an easy to use and free online image editing tool, give a try to Canva as you can design any image ranging from featured images to social media banners to infographics and so on.
Once you’ve analysed the top search results for your target keywords and performed detailed keyword research, it’s time to write captivating articles. Here’s how to write well-researched articles that perform well.
- Come up with 3 to 5 headline ideas: 8 out of 10 people read headlines before they even click on your blog posts, tweets, social shares and so on. So always spend quality time to craft magnetic headlines. A quick hack is to come up with 3 to 5 ideas for every blog post and use the best one among them.
- Create an outline including subheadings: One of the simplest yet most effective ways to write great blog posts is to outline your whole content. Fill your article with subheadings so you can easily start writing your articles. Also, make sure to include any references or website links in case if you want to read any further or link to them within your content.
- Start anywhere: You don’t have to necessarily start writing your blog posts from start to finish. You can pick a subheading of your choice in between and finish. The key here is to get comfortable while writing and finishing your favorite topics such as subheadings as much as possible. Use h2 and h3 tags sparingly as they provide a quick outline to your readers.
- Nail the introduction: Most expert writers write their introduction after finishing their articles. They give more time to nail their introduction. Your introduction is what makes or breaks your article’s success. So spend time to write a compelling introduction that makes your readers stay.
- Back your content with data, illustrations and case studies wherever necessary.
Last but not least, editing is everything. Proofread everything twice. Read out your content. If you want, get help from someone. Ask your friends or blogging buddies to edit your content or hire an editor to fine-tune your articles. It’s worth your time and money!
Quick tip: To write powerful headlines, you can use tools like EMV headline analyzer or Headline Analyzer by CoSchedule to instantly come up with great headline ideas.
Call To Actions Are Essential
It doesn’t matter what topic you’re covering, it’s extremely important to include a call to action (CTA) in every post you write. No matter what niche your are in, you need to use call to actions.
Why? Using a CTA can improve your conversion rates. Always remember that, every blog post you publish should have at least one goal.
- Want to increase your sales? Include a call to action that links to your landing page or specific products page such as resources
- Want to increase your social shares? Ask your readers at the end of the post (in between the content using tweetable quotes) so they will share
- Want to boost your email subscribers? Use email opt-in forms or content upgrades within your content wherever necessary
The same thing applies to get more blog comments. You can end your blog posts with a question or asking your readers to share their thoughts after reading your stuff.
Use A FAQs Section
From the last 2 years, we’ve been including a FAQs section at the end of most of our blog posts at Bloggers Passion. Do you know why?
It’s an excellent SEO strategy where you can use a ton of LSI keywords and also include frequently asked questions about the topic you cover to increase user engagement. It works like a charm and also sends you more qualified visitors to your site from search engines like Google.
Just try to find all the relevant questions that your target audience might have in their mind and use platforms like Quora, blogging forums etc to know what questions others are asking.
While creating a FAQ section, use tools like LSIGraph or SEMrush to find LSI keywords specific to the topic that you’re covering so you can optimize your posts naturally (without keyword stuffing).
Creating high quality and well-researched content is the BEST way to bring more traffic, sales and build authority.
Make sure to perform detailed competitor analysis and keyword research to find evergreen topics. Also, spend quality time to craft your content including headlines, subheadings, conclusion and so on.
So what are your thoughts? Did you find this post helpful? If yes, please share it with others and mention your views in the comments.
Comments are closed.